EVS activity in Spain
Name of the organization: Asociación Cazalla-Intercultural
Address: C/ Corredera 36 bajo, 30800 Lorca (MURCIA), Spain
Phone/e-mail: 0034 968 477 566
Name of the legal representative in capital letters: MANUEL SEMITIEL
Position/function : PRESIDENT
Contact person: Beatrice Naldi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Supervisor: Beatrice Naldi
Mentor: to be decided
A. Tasks for the volunteer:
The volunteer’s activities are listed bellow:
Activities of sensibilisation regarding the issue of discrimination, human rights, immigration and equal opportunities. This type of activities is carried out in the High-schools in Lorca, through chatting, meetings, common living and educational seminars and also through workshops for and volunteering activities carried out by a group of young local volunteers of the Association.
2. Collaboration with the project in the elementary school San Cristóbal in terms of giving basic Spanish classes through NFE to the children and the youth from the School once per week.
3. Spreading information for the ERASMUS + Program: Activities for spreading the information for the Program among the youth in High-schools, as well as in different youth organizations and groups and in EVS days organized by Cazalla, where the activity of the volunteer is oriented primarily to the young people. The volunteers can speak about their EVS experience and the benefits coming from this Programme.
4. Collaborating in the activity of the Youth Center M13: attending the public, organizing workshops and help with the coordination of the structure, engaging with the local volunteers and youth. Bringing ideas and sparks of lights in our youth center!
5.Collaborating in the projects organized by Cazalla (language exchange for young people, English classes fro kids during summer, etc.), and giving a strong motivation for proposals and initiatives of the volunteer.
IMPORTANT: It is also important to know, that we search for flexibility since the load of work might vary depending on the amount of the projects carried out at the same time. Be prepared to be bored sometimes or to work a lot the following week. We strongly motivate to take initiative and develop your own personal project on the local level, with our support and guidance of course!
B. Working hours and free days:
The schedule of tasks of the volunteer will be fixed to 34 hours weekly, including the language training (Spanish classes) as mentioned in the time-table above;
The holiday period, times of rest and distribution of the free time of the volunteer will be fixed of the following form:
- The volunteer will benefit of the corresponding 2 free days / month of activity, plus the legal Spanish holydays (including Christmas and Easter if it is the case and other national, legal or regional holydays)
- The Saturdays and Sundays will be completely free, except when a project in which the presence of the volunteer is important is organized, in which case the volunteer will receive the corresponding free days the following week.
C. Food, accommodation and monthly expenses
The volunteer will live in a shared 4 rooms flat in a quiet area. S/he will live with other EVS volunteers of the association, having a single room, sharing the kitchen, the 2 bathrooms, the balcony and the living-room and having covered the basic needs (furniture, laundry, cooking, etc).